Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation Scholarships
The Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation manages more than 70 permanently endowed scholarship funds which provide opportunities for a growing number of young people (and some not so young) in our community. Scholarships have been established by local individuals, businesses, and organizations wanting to help students achieve their educational goals. Some funds award multiple scholarships, but not all funds award scholarships every year. For more information visit the MPACF website.
Applications open on January 1, 2020.
Nottawa-Sherman Firefighters Association Scholarship
The deadline for applications is March 6th, 2020.
The Nottawa-Sherman Firefighters Association will once again award one or more scholarships of up to $1,000 to a current school year high school graduate. A complete copy of the instructions and application in PDF format is also available via a link at http://www.nsfd.net. It is not a requirement, but students should be aware that extra points are awarded during the selection process if they are enrolled in a public safety or public health curriculum. The scholarship is available only to graduating seniors who live within the boundaries of the Nottawa-Sherman Fire Department coverage area. We service all of Nottawa, Sherman and Coldwater townships, the entire Village of Lake Isabella and 10 sections of Gilmore Township. Please make sure students check the map at the end of the attached scholarship package to see if they meet the residency requirement.
Application Deadline is February 20, 2020
- Dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
Priority is given on the basis of:
- Academic achievement
- Extra-curricular activities
- School and community service
For additional information and application, go to https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/ .
Michigan Student Aid Information