In the 2019-2020 school year, 32 $1,000 scholarships will again be awarded from a pool of the best and brightest high school seniors for the MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award. Eligibility requirements and application can be found at MHSAA.com > School & Schedules Tab > Schools > Students >Scholar-Athlete Award. Applications are due to the MHSAA on December 6th.
Nottawa-Sherman Firefighters Association Scholarship
The Nottawa-Sherman Firefighters Association will once again award one or more scholarships of up to $1,000 to a current school year high school graduate. A complete copy of the instructions and application in PDF format is also available via a link at http://www.nsfd.net. It is not a requirement, but students should be aware that extra points are awarded during the selection process if they are enrolled in a public safety or public health curriculum. The scholarship is available only to graduating seniors who live within the boundaries of the Nottawa-Sherman Fire Department coverage area. We service all of Nottawa, Sherman and Coldwater townships, the entire Village of Lake Isabella and 10 sections of Gilmore Township. Please make sure students check the map at the end of the attached scholarship package to see if they meet the residency requirement. The deadline for applications is March 6th, 2020.
America’s Farmers Scholarship
- Dependent of an MEA member or MEA-Retired member in good standing
- Graduate of a Michigan public high school or private high school that has an MEA bargaining unit.
- Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification or license. Those attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of Detroit–Mercy; Adrian College; Finlandia University; and Albion College. (The aforementioned private institutions are existing local MEA affiliates.)
- Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
(A child of an MEA, MESSA or MEA-FS staff person is eligible if the other parent is an MEA member in good standing).
Priority is given on the basis of:
- Academic achievement
- Extra-curricular activities
- School and community service
For additional information and application, go to https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/ .