High School News
Oiler Food Service Survey
Date: November 4, 2020
Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts on our food service program. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback!
Date: December 17, 2020
Thank You MPPS School Board Members
Date: January 8, 2021
Oiler News: January 18th- February 1st, 2021
Date: January 18, 2021
- Remember that the doors for school don’t open until 7:30, please don’t drop students off until then.
- No outside food should be delivered or brought into the school from a commerical source.
- Congratulations to Phoebe DeFeyter and Daniel Forsythe for being January Rotary Students of the Month!!
- Martin Luther King Jr. day is Monday, January 18th. MPHS staff thought it would be nice to recognize this day by collecting and donating non perishable food items, toiletries and warm clothing to help those in need in our community. This would be a great way to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. We will be collecting donations in the main office through Friday, January 22nd.
- Mrs. Mielke and Mrs. Boyle are holding a Zoom meeting for students on Wednesdays from 11:15-11:30. This virtual experience will give students a moment to relax, recharge and ease into the end of the week. Click here to join.
- Students interested in playing Boys Basketball there will be a mandatory tryout on January 16th and 17th from 12-2 at MPHS. You must have a physical or medical waiver filled out and turned into the athletic office to be able to try out. Bring a water bottle and be ready to work.
- Competitive Cheer tryouts will take place on Saturday, January 16 from 9am-12pm, Wrestling practice starts on Saturday, January 16 @ 9am and Hockey practice starts on Saturday, January 16 @ 10am.
- Any student interested in bowling can tryout on Thursday, January 21st and Friday, January 22nd at Riverwood. Tryouts start at 3:30, please be there by 3:15. You must have your physical or your waiver form completed and turned before tryouts. Please plan on attending both days. Questions can be addressed to Coach Becky Pope at 989-506-6299.
- Students interested in joining the Ski team contact Coach White @ email@example.com
- Anyone enrolled as an MPPS student and all county residents 18 and under are eligible to pick up 7 days of free breakfast and lunch. Visit MPHS or Ganiard Elementary 1-2pm on Wednesdays. You can sign up to reserve your meals at these links-
https://mtpleasantschools.nutrislice.com/menu/mount-pleasant-high-school – High School Pickup Location
https://mtpleasantschools.nutrislice.com/menu/ganiard-elementary – Ganiard Pickup Location
- If your student needs a Chromebook please contact Liz in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Work Permits need to be signed, bring them to the GI-Tech Center Office (South side of the building) not the MPHS Main Office.
- When school is meeting face to face (hybrid) school tutoring takes place from 3-4 for any student every Tuesday and Thursday. If your student would like to join virtually click here
- Seniors Only: be sure to check the MPHS Counseling Webpage (class code to join is udx6khu) weekly for scholarship opportunities. Academic, athletic, ROTC and needs based scholarships are all available
- The Counseling Department Google Classroom can also help with any needs regarding the college process. You can email your counselor or call Mrs. Ruggles at (989)775-2205 between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m with questions you may have.
- Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation online scholarship application system is now available. A recording of the Zoom meeting that explained the application process will be posted soon. Go to mpacf.org for more information or contact the Counseling office with any questions.