Steps for enrolling a student at MPHS:
- Complete the enrollment paperwork. The forms are listed below and can be printed and completed at your convenience. If at all possible, please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise paperwork can be dropped off at the High School main office.
- Once the Counseling Office receives the paperwork and verifies information, the request for records will be sent to the students previous school.
- When a copy of the student’s transcript, grades at time of withdrawal, and copy of IEP (if applicable) are received, the Counseling Office will schedule a phone appointment or video chat with the parent/guardian, student, and counselor to enroll the student in classes. If the student would like a tour of the school, arrangements can be made. To speed up the process, you may request the student’s transcript yourself and include it in the new enrollment paperwork.
- Typically the student can start within 48 hours, after the scheduling appointment. Teachers must be given 24 hour notice when a new student is starting school and time is needed to generate login passwords for PowerSchool and Google.
- On the student’s first day of school, the new student will have a current student or counselor show them around to their classes, lunch, office, etc.
New Student Enrollment Forms
Here is a list of all required documents for enrollment (pdf) and below is a link to each form that parent/guardian and student must complete.
Additional Forms for 9th Graders Only
- Counseling Office (989) 775-2205
- School of Choice: (989) 775-2300 ext 312
- Busing: (989) 775-2323
- Special Education Department: (989) 775-2300 ext 351