MPPS Driver’s Education Director, Julie A. Maxon
Phone: (989) 560-1102
Segment One Requirements
Cost: $325 (Fee must accompany application form)
- Students must be at least 14 years 8 months of age.
- 24 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 + hours behind-the-wheel driving
- 6 + hours of driver observation
- Complete required notes, worksheets & classroom activities.
- 70% or better final exam score (Students may have tests read aloud)
Spring Segment I Opportunity
- 2020 Spring Segment I Application and Requirements (Google Doc)
- Mandatory Parent Information Meeting (Plan to attend ONE)
- Sunday, April 19, 2020 MPHS Room 111 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Segment I Driver Education will be offered:
- Classroom: Sunday through Wednesday, 7:00-9:00 p.m. Room 424 April 19-15, 26-30, & May 3-6
- Driving times are offered on weekdays and WEEKENDS starting 4/21/20 as needed through 5/22/20.
Fall Segment I Opportunity – Class is CLOSED/FULL
- 2019 Fall Segment I Application and Requirements (Google Doc)
- Begins October 13th – Class is CLOSED/FULL
Segment Two Requirements
- JAN 12-13-14 7:00-9:00 p.m. MPHS ROOM 424
- APRIL 13-14-15 7:00-9:00 p.m. MPHS ROOM 424 – 425
- JULY 6- 7-8 10:00-12:00 p.m. MPHS ROOM 424 – 425
- NOVEMBER (SAT) 7-14-21 9:00-11:00 a.m. MPHS ROOM 424
- NOVEMBER 15-16-17 7:00-9:00 p.m. MPHS ROOMS 424 & 425
- Cost: $50
- Students must have a LEVEL ONE license and have documented 30 hours (50 needed for a Level Two license) of behind the wheel driving with parent or guardian and 2 hrs (10 required) of night behind the wheel driving.
- YOU MUST HAVE HELD YOUR LEVEL ONE LICENSE FOR 90 DAYS & HAVE THE HOURS COMPLETED TO TAKE ANY CLASS!
- You also must provide documentation of all hours driven.
- Complete all required notes, worksheets & classroom activities.
- 2020 Segment II Requirements and Application (Google Doc)