MPPS Driver’s Education Director, Lisa Davis
Phone: (989) 775-2210 x 20424
MPPS Driver Education for April Segment 1 will close registration on February 12th
All the applications turned in by Feb 12th will be ranked by AGE. The oldest 36 students with applications turned in on or before February 12 will be placed in the April class. Students that are younger can be placed in the June/July classes or choose to take the class elsewhere.
Segment One Requirements
Cost: $325 (Fee must accompany application form)
- Students must be at least 14 years 8 months of age.
- 24 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 + hours behind-the-wheel driving
- 6 + hours of driver observation
- Complete required notes, worksheets & classroom activities.
- 70% or better final exam score (Students may have tests read aloud)
Spring Segment I Opportunity April 2021 APPLICATION (link).
- Mandatory Parent Information Meeting March 15, 7 PM ZOOM ID within application
- Segment I will be offered: April 18-May 6 (Driving through end of May)
- Classroom: Room 111 MPHS 7-9PM
- Driving times are offered on weekdays and WEEKENDS after 2 days of class.
Summer Segment I Opportunity June or July 2021 APPLICATION (link).
- Mandatory Parent Information Meeting May 19, 7PM ZOOM ID within application
- Segment I will be offered June 7-25th OR July 12-30th Application due June 1, 2021.
- Classroom: Room 111 MPHS 7:50-9:50AM OR 10:00-12:00PM
- Driving times are offered on weekdays and weekends after 2 days of class.
Segment Two Requirements
- Segment 2 Requirements and Application (Google Link)
- June 28, 29, 30 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- November 21, 22, 23 5-7PM OR 7-9PM
- Requirements: Students must have a LEVEL ONE license and have documented 30 hours (50 needed for a Level Two license) of behind the wheel driving with a parent or guardian and 2 hrs (10 required) of night behind the wheel driving.
- YOU MUST HAVE HELD YOUR LEVEL ONE LICENSE FOR 90 DAYS & HAVE THE HOURS COMPLETED TO TAKE ANY CLASS!
- You also must provide documentation of all hours driven.