MPPS Driver’s Education Director, Julie A. Maxon
Phone: (989) 560-1102
Segment One Requirements
Cost: $325 (Fee must accompany application form)
- Students must be at least 14 years 8 months of age.
- 24 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 + hours behind-the-wheel driving
- 6 + hours of driver observation
- Complete required notes, worksheets & classroom activities.
- 70% or better final exam score (Students may have tests read aloud)
Summer Segment I Opportunity
- 2019 Summer Segment I Application and Requirements (Google Doc)
- Mandatory Parent Information Meeting (Plan to attend ONE)
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 MPHS Room 111 8:00-9:30 a.m.
- or Tuesday, May 14, 2019 MPHS Room 111 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Two sessions of Segment I Driver Education will be offered during the summer, 2019:
- June 10-27 (June 28th is make-up day)
- July 8-25 (July 26th is make-up day)
Fall Segment I Opportunity – Class is CLOSED/FULL
- 2019 Fall Segment I Application and Requirements (Google Doc)
- Begins October 13th – Class is CLOSED/FULL
Segment Two Requirements
- April 14, 15, 16 7:00-9:00 p.m. MPHS Room 424-425
- July 8, 9, 10 10:00-12:00 p.m. MPHS Room 424-425
- November (Sat.) 2, 9, 16 9:00-11:00 a.m. MPHS Room 424
- November 10, 11, 12 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. MPHS Room 424-425
- Cost: $50
- Students must have a LEVEL ONE license and have documented 30 hours (50 needed for a Level Two license) of behind the wheel driving with parent or guardian and 2 hrs (10 required) of night behind the wheel driving.
- YOU MUST HAVE HELD YOUR LEVEL ONE LICENSE FOR 90 DAYS & HAVE THE HOURS COMPLETED TO TAKE ANY CLASS!
- You also must provide documentation of all hours driven.
- Complete all required notes, worksheets & classroom activities.
- 2019 Segment II Requirements and Application (Google Doc)